What do teachers feel while teaching a beautiful teen girl

As I write this answer, I'm sitting in a computer lab. My AP Seminar students are working on their group presentations, so I have a few free moments. In fact, we've all agreed that I'm not supposed to bother them during this time. Once I start lecturing, I have a habit of eating up all of their lab time.
This class is very strange for me in that it randomly happens to be all female and one male. Fifteen girls, one boy, and me in a room. How many of these girls are "beautiful?" I couldn't tell you. I don't notice. I don't care. They're children.




I have no place judging the relative attractiveness between these students. My only motive is to judge their ability to complete and perfect their course material.
I'm sure that if I were a 16-year-old, I'd be judging. Once I became a teacher and was responsible for these girls, I stopped looking at them. In fact, I didn't even look at them 18 years ago before I was a teacher. I'm an adult. They aren't. Although I call them adults and treat them as such, mentally I think of them as children. That's why I say "girls" and not "women."


When I see a student, I see my daughter:
Every one of these girls in my room is someone's daughter. I don't want my daughter's teachers judging her on her looks or even thinking about them. Even though she is ridiculously cute (even when daddy has done her hair that day).
By the way, I just read this answer to my students. They enjoyed it.
I should also add that when I told my mother that I was going to become a teacher(a classroom teacher for twenty+ years as a second career), she told me something to the effect of, "You know what happens when you look at female students? You run the risk of winding up on the news."
source :- quora.com